Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Why?

With the constant fluctuation of spiraling emotions and unnecessary drama it all becomes merely a series of background noises, white noise pre-say drowning on like an old tractor years over due its retirement.
I could tell you that my life is interesting full of excitement and bold decisions or that my parents died and I have been suicidal ever sense but then I would be lying if I claimed those truths as my own. But instead I am consumed by other peoples complaints and impossible goals of getting into one of the” ivy’s”, yeah that place I’m talking about that makes me want to scream with frustration and take someone’s throat with my bare hands and put just the right amount of pressure so they can’t breath but their still alive, that’s the feeling I have everyday I am in high school. Gruesome yes, just as whinny and “complainy” as the last teen age girl who happened to make it to the 9th grade yes, but I can’t seem to move past my own discomfort of the programed society we live our lives in never questioning a single command given to us.  No one knows anything yet some claim to know all, how does that work? Is it because of some test they took that was created by “big brother” that makes them a certified genius and others should stop what their doing in their own lives and listen to what you have to say? I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous, just admit it to your self, you know nothing, I know nothing and we should stop living our lives as if someone placed a robotic chip in our brains so we don’t question why there are trees and endangered reptiles hidden within the earths crust or why we even call anything, anything? So even though I can’t tell you how my moms childhood was filled with abuse and the fear of not having food on the diner table has stuck with me all seventeen years of my life, all I can tell you is that nothing is for certain.

When you’re staring at that last question on your math test and all you have to do is isolate the stupid x and someone next to you figured it out and it happened to be 3, that x, probably isn’t even 3. Yeah your math teacher marked your answer wrong and theirs correct but why? That last marked answer just made you fail your test which only seems to feed; tension, stress, depression, insanity none of those things seem to do anyone any good yet the world is content with causing all of those things to everyone because it’s a part of life they say, why should life be laborious and impossible? Because it makes us stronger? Life, some over played pop song, and all it seems to be doing is breaking people to the point where their bones don’t know how to mend themselves anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Brenn this is really good, your voice is very strong, and I'm diggin the similes and metaphors, I havent noticed them before in you work, but they really bring out something interesting. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmos- glad your "digging" the similes I find it easier to explain things as something other then what they actually are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenn, I think this shows your perspective and frustration with the world very well. It also mirrors the overwhelming amount of thoughts you must have and it comes across in a way that is very much your voice. Keep up the good work, I think letting it out is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenn, I think this shows your perspective and frustration with the world very well. It also mirrors the overwhelming amount of thoughts you must have and it comes across in a way that is very much your voice. Keep up the good work, I think letting it out is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your voice is so strong in this post! I love how deep you got into this post and it is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Quinn. Thanks for being me.

    ReplyDelete