Sunday, April 6, 2014

Just a Sensation

I’m one of those people who love’s the comfort of their own presence. I know how to deal with people in a professional manor when needed and over the years I have learned to adapt to the types of personalities surrounding me. I try to see people through a different pair of eyes each time they do something rude and obnoxious or suddenly feel the urge to outwardly complain about everything in their life. We all have problems and complicated relationships so how can I yell at someone who probably has a more difficult life then I do, the answer is I can’t. But there is no possible way I could handle people with grace and respect if I was denied my alone time, I love sitting in a quite but open space so I am no longer restricted by the endless noise that seems to perpetuate the worlds thoughts. I can summon pure happiness with just the feeling of uninterrupted silence even if the rest of the universe is hard at work. Noting is permanent, even the tattoos that have the power to stain our skin because before we know it they will be gone and another person will replace them as if they never existed just like a tattoo.
I love making someone smile or rubbing their back as they empty their stomachs of the nights adventures, but when I submerse myself in the restless silence that strains to find a place in my life I can’t help but think there is something more to this world then a series of straggling memories and business deals gone wrong.  If someone asked me randomly as I was walking down the street what my favorite place to be was I couldn’t tell them. There is so much in this world that I have yet to see and probably never will and therefore denying me the opportunity to know the reasoning behind all the madness that seems to perpetuate our lives. But I know for certain that finding a sense of inner peace is how the sane ones manage to embrace what is in front of them opposed to what could be in front of them.  
As a teenager attending high school every day I struggle to maintain a sense of inner peace causing me to scream from the inside out, but one of my favorite places to be and just focus on having fun or stomping a trick is the mountain. It doesn’t matter if it’s the size of my backyard but as long as it’s separate from my every day life and allows me the chance to breathe. That in itself is priceless. I strive to find happiness consistently in my life and the snow-covered mountains function as my own personal catalyst for laughter and no one can take that away from me.

 Although the sport itself is filled with competitive vibes and frustrating brick walls that I need more then a sledge hammer to break down their my walls and my frustrations that I can only conquer, making my victories taste that much sweeter. It’s where I go to be my self to let any form of filter fall away from my mouth allowing all the worries and distractions the week might have carried and I simply let them drift away. But like I said before, there is no one place that is my utmost favorite, but my favorite feeling will always be happiness.

2 comments:

  1. the relaxing tone that your portray in this is wonderful! I love how even though this sport seems to be a thrill you made it seem like a very peaceful expierence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenn, this blog is very much you. I can literally hear your voice reading this to me in my head. This blog also wants to make me apologize because I'm completely sure I'm a main contributor to the noise and annoyance that consumes your life. This is excellently worded and really gives whoever is reading this a sense of who you are. I hope when you grow up you find a beautiful house somewhere by yourself without anything keeping you from inner peace.

    ReplyDelete